COVID-19: Philippines announces to lift travel ban on Pakistan, 9 other countries
MANILA – The Philippines has announced to revoke the travel ban for all inbound travelers from Pakistan and nine other countries starting September 6, the presidential spokesperson said Saturday.
Reports in international media quoting sources said President Rodrigo Duterte approved to lift the current travel restrictions in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
A statement of Duterte cited "International travelers coming from the above-mentioned countries shall, however, comply with the appropriate entry, testing, and quarantine protocols”. However, any future travelers from the said countries will have to spend 14 days in quarantine upon arrival, it added.
The incumbent authorities announced the decision for economic recovery on its inoculation programme as the country, which has among the worst coronavirus outbreaks in Asia, is battling a renewed surge in Covid-19 cases driven by community transmission of the more infectious Delta variant.
Pakistan bans air travel for unvaccinated people ... 11:07 AM | 4 Sep, 2021
KARACHI – The Civil Aviation Authority of Pakistan announced new guidelines making Covid vaccination certificates ...
The travel ban was first imposed on April 27 in wake of the rising cases of the Covid-19 pandemic in parts of the world.
Earlier, the World Health Organization’s representative in the Southeast Asian country had announced that the Delta variant is now the dominant case in the Philippines.
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Imran’s cabinet announces major decision about moon sighting ...09:48 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Young doctor shot dead by robbers upon resistance in Lahore’s ...09:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Mohammad Hafeez tests positive for dengue07:41 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Watch - Ali Zafar shares BTS fun video from ‘Larsha Pekhawar’ ...03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021