Iran holds first-ever indigenous drone drills
TEHRAN – Iran’s military has concluded its first-ever drill for locally made drones days after the death anniversary of a top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani via drone strike in Iraq.
Hundreds of drones were showcased and tested as part of a two-day event held in the northern province of Semnan.
Mahmoud Mousavi, deputy chief of army operations, told state-run IRNA that the drill included aerial targeting and destruction of objectives using air-to-air missiles, hitting land targets using bombs and missiles, and employing loitering munitions, also known as “kamikaze drones”.
Mousavi further said that constantly monitoring the borders through the drones is among the aims of the maneuver.
Iran also successfully test-fired Azarakhsh (Thunderstorm) missile from its Karrar-class drone at the second day of military drills on Wednesday.
Rear Admiral Mahmoud said Azarakhsh- air-to-air missile could successfully identify and annihilate its hypothetical targets.
Meanwhile, Iran has filed a “red notice” request through Interpol for the arrest of US president Donald Trump and 47 other top US officials for the assassination of top general Qassem Soleimani.
Pakistan Air Force chief inaugurates JF-17 ... 09:56 PM | 30 Dec, 2020
RAWALPINDI – Pakistan Aeronautical Complex has formally launched the production work of Block-III of JF-17 ...
- Rohit Shetty to produce yet another installment of 'Golmaal'11:52 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Will you always be mine? Mystery girl proposes man using pink ...09:19 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Hira Mani has got something to share with fans about her BBC interview08:58 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Ayeza Khan and Danish Taimoor's vacation pictures set internet on fire07:55 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022