PM Imran vows to intensify fight against drugs
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday, has emphasized on the collective responsibility of the society to fight against drug abuse.
While addressing the inauguration ceremony at the Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) headquarters in Rawalpindi, the premier said, 'drugs are silent killers and we have to collectively fight this problem.'
He cited a number of seven million drug addicts in Pakistan.
Khan mentioned the recent incident in Kasur where a dug addict threw his five children into the canal.
Two dead after man throws five children into ... 02:34 PM | 6 Dec, 2020
KASUR – A man threw his five children including an infant into the Jamber canal in Pattoki on Sunday. As per the ...
Whatever has been instructed in the Holy Quran is only for the benefit of humankind, he stressed.
The strength of the ANF will be enhanced, and the supportive ministries will play their due role for drug control.
Expressing concern over of the use of synthetic drug ice in educational institutions, Prime Minister Imran Khan said there are seven million drug addicts in Pakistan https://t.co/7QoU5nNj9T @PakPMO pic.twitter.com/BArAfFUbDc— Radio Pakistan (@RadioPakistan) December 7, 2020
PM specifically mentioned the rise of the synthetic drug ice in educational institutions. According to him, the situation of drugs being used in educational institutions is worrisome, and all necessary measures will be taken to end its spread.
Our government is effectively taking action against those involved in drug-related activities.
No NRO-like deal for corrupt leaders, PM tells ... 08:01 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan once again categorically denied giving an 'NRO' or clean chit to the ...
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022