Search

x
Join our whatsapp channel for News Updates

Three out of four Pakistanis will accept election results, reveals Ipsos survey

02:15 PM | 7 Feb, 2024
Three out of four Pakistanis will accept election results, reveals Ipsos survey

ISLAMABAD – As the nation prepares for the upcoming general elections on February 8 (Thursday), where more than 128 million eligible voters are expected to participate, a survey conducted by the French market research firm, Ipsos, suggests that three-quarters of Pakistanis are inclined to accept the election outcome, crucial for shaping the country’s trajectory over the next five years.

According to the report, only 7% of Pakistanis expressed reluctance to accept the results, while a significant 76% indicated their likelihood to accept them. The remaining 17% falls between these two extremes.

The report further highlights that acceptance of the election results tends to increase with age and is more prevalent in rural areas. Interestingly, residents of Islamabad are reported to be the least receptive to the election outcome.

Furthermore, a breakdown based on party affiliation reveals that supporters of the PTI (Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf) and those who choose not to vote or abstain are contributing to lower levels of acceptance towards the election results.

As the political parties ended their election campaign yesterday, the stage is set for the national-level elections in the country tomorrow (Thursday).

Daily Pakistan Global Web Desk

Advertisement

Currency Rates in Pakistan Today - PKR to US Dollar, Euro, Pound, Dirham, and Riyal 12 April

Pakistani currency remains unchanged against US dollar and other currencies in open market on April 12, 2024.

US Dollar rate in Pakistan

On Friday, the US dollar was being quoted at 277.4 for buying and 280.65 for selling.

Euro was quoted at 299.95 for buying and 302.9 for selling while British Pound stands at 349.5 for buying, and 353 for selling.

UAE Dirham AED was at 75.45 and Saudi Riyal's new rates was at 73.30. 

Today’s currency exchange rates in Pakistan - 12 April 2024

Advertisement

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Sign up for Newsletter