Dalai Lama receives first dose of COVID vaccine, urges other to follow (VIDEO)
DHARMSALA – The 14th Dalai Lama and Tibet’s top spiritual leader received his first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, he also urges people to get vaccinated against the novel disease.
The vaccine is very, very helpful to prevent some serious problems. More people should have the courage to take this injection, the 85-year-old added after being vaccinated on Saturday in Dharmsala - a north Indian town.
According to the officials, Dalai Lama enrolled himself to be vaccinated.
India launched its vaccination drive on January 16. The scheme has been extended to people on March 1 aged over 60 and those between the ages of 45 and 59 with underlying illnesses.
Earlier on March 1, Indian prime minister Narendra Modi received his first dose of the coronavirus vaccine. Modi shared a photo of himself receiving the first dose of a homegrown COVID-19 vaccine, kicking off an expansion of India’s immunisation campaign that began in mid-January with healthcare workers.
Indian PM receives first dose of homegrown ... 11:25 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
NEW DELHI – Indian prime minister Narendra Modi on Monday received his first dose of the coronavirus ...
- Pakistan’s Department of Explosive officers dismissed for ...06:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Rizwan stars as Pakistan trounce Zimbabwe in first T20I05:31 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- TLP chief Saad Hussain Rizvi still under arrest: Sheikh Rasheed05:27 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ali Haider all set to host show for NTV Houston03:50 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Junoon goes Inquilaab! PM Imran uses Bollywood reference to show ...05:06 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021