Pakistan hands over dossier to ICRC for a medical corridor in Indian-held Kashmir
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has handed over a dossier to International Committee of the Red Cross for setting up an international humanitarian medical corridor to provide medical assistance to the people of Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
The dossier was presented by Chairman Kashmir Committee Shehryar Khan Afridi to the Head of delegation of ICRC, Dragana Kojak in Islamabad.
The dossier also contains a detailed report on the medical emergency arising after coronavirus outbreak in IIOJK.
Kojak assured Afridi to take up this issue with Indian authorities for establishing an international medical corridor.
Just yesterday, authorities in Indian-occupied Kashmir had barred doctors from speaking to media and directed the oxygen manufacturing units to stop supplies to the NGOs and private users.
The order issued by the region’s department of health on Thursday came as it battles a deadly wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, with hospitals running short of beds and patients scrambling for oxygen cylinders, medicines and medical equipment such as oxygen concentrators.
The occupied Himalyan region currently has nearly 27,000 active cases of the coronavirus while the overall death tally stands above 2,562.
Indian forces kill three youth in occupied Kashmir 08:27 PM | 6 May, 2021
SRINAGAR – Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism martyred three Kashmiri youth in Shopian district ...
- Success story of Samantha McGregor, her plans for imminent reform12:31 AM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Late Paul Walker's daughter may appear in Fast & Furious 10: Vin ...11:44 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- India launches probe into fake Covid tests at Kumbh Mela11:23 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in terrorist attack near Turbat airport10:52 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- KP becomes first province in Pakistan to conduct 5G trials10:04 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- TikToker Mian Kashif arrested for fraud with Ertugrul star (VIDEO)08:46 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Sanam Saeed agrees with Riz Ahmed's stance on Muslim ...05:56 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Egyptian siblings earn 5 Guinness World Records including largest ...05:14 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021