PTI govt allows Nawaz Sharif to fly abroad for treatment
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan on Political Affairs Naeemul Haque on Friday said that the government has lifted travel restrictions on former premier Nawaz Sharif owing to his deteriorating health condition.
Haque, citing the medical report, said that the health condition of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz supremo was critical, adding that every Pakistani has the right to get treatment on his own will.
He clarified that the government has no objection over Sharif's travel to go to London for the treatment. However, it is yet to be known that the Ministry of Interior has stricken Nawaz's name off the no-fly list.
Earlier in the day, the Ministry of Interior confirmed that it has received a request to remove the name of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif from the no-fly list as his family wants him to go abroad for treatment.
The ministry, according to local media, was moved by PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif seeking the removal of his elder brother's name from the Exit Control List (ECL).
The three-time former premier is suffering from platelets disorder and other diseases since the past 17 days and he remained under treatment at Lahore's Sevices hospital from where he has now been shifted to his residence after setting up an intensive care unit there.
Nawaz shifted to Jati Umra after special medical ... 06:42 PM | 6 Nov, 2019
LAHORE – Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday discharged from the Services hospital and shifted to his ...
The PML-N supremo, who was serving his jail sentence awarded in Al-Azizia reference, was in the custody of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for interrogation in another corruption case related to the Chaudhry Sugar Mills when his condition worsened on Oct 22.
Nawaz Sharif is currently free on bail in both cases on medical grounds and his family wants him to go abroad for better treatment.
Following the request, the interior ministry has written a letter to the anti-graft body seeking his reply on the request sent by the PML-N president.
It has also asked Sharif Medical City Hospital, whose staff is looking after the PML-N supremo, to submit the latest medical report of the former premier.
Media reports claim that Shebaz Sharif will take his brother to London on Sunday through a PIA flight, adding that the former premier will be admitted to Harley Street Clinic for treatment.
- Re-polling in NA-259: initial results show Shahzain Bugti leading07:10 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- AIOU sets up nine new offices at less-developed regions06:47 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- UN calls for action to tackle global road safety crisis03:28 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- CCW convention makes progress on key issues of deadly autonomous ...03:24 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 2501:12 PM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019