PTI govt allows Nawaz Sharif to fly abroad for treatment
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan on Political Affairs Naeemul Haque on Friday said that the government has lifted travel restrictions on former premier Nawaz Sharif owing to his deteriorating health condition.
Haque, citing the medical report, said that the health condition of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz supremo was critical, adding that every Pakistani has the right to get treatment on his own will.
He clarified that the government has no objection over Sharif's travel to go to London for the treatment. However, it is yet to be known that the Ministry of Interior has stricken Nawaz's name off the no-fly list.
Earlier in the day, the Ministry of Interior confirmed that it has received a request to remove the name of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif from the no-fly list as his family wants him to go abroad for treatment.
The ministry, according to local media, was moved by PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif seeking the removal of his elder brother's name from the Exit Control List (ECL).
The three-time former premier is suffering from platelets disorder and other diseases since the past 17 days and he remained under treatment at Lahore's Sevices hospital from where he has now been shifted to his residence after setting up an intensive care unit there.
The PML-N supremo, who was serving his jail sentence awarded in Al-Azizia reference, was in the custody of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for interrogation in another corruption case related to the Chaudhry Sugar Mills when his condition worsened on Oct 22.
Nawaz Sharif is currently free on bail in both cases on medical grounds and his family wants him to go abroad for better treatment.
Following the request, the interior ministry has written a letter to the anti-graft body seeking his reply on the request sent by the PML-N president.
It has also asked Sharif Medical City Hospital, whose staff is looking after the PML-N supremo, to submit the latest medical report of the former premier.
Media reports claim that Shebaz Sharif will take his brother to London on Sunday through a PIA flight, adding that the former premier will be admitted to Harley Street Clinic for treatment.
- China expresses pleasure over Pakistan’s approval of ML-1 project11:50 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020