Chitral's famous Fokker Friendship restaurant reopens
CHITRAL - The popular Chitral plane restaurant has relaunched and is operational once again. The plane is a former Pakistan International Airline’s (PIA) Fokker F27 48-seater aircraft that crash-landed on June 16th, 2004 at Chitral Airport.
A retired PIA pilot bought the decommissioned aircraft and turned it into a café offering a pleasant dining experience for all age groups.
While the restaurant gained great popularity, the authorities were not too impressed and the eatery was sealed by Assistant Commissioner Alamgir on the orders of Deputy Commissioner Lower Chitral , Khurshid Alam Mehsud.
The step was taken because of the restaurant was violating airport safety standards. Objections were raised by the Airport Manager Chitral as well, asking to relocate terming it dangerous for regular flight operations.
The owner of the restaurant has now been permitted to run his restaurant again.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019