Chitral's famous Fokker Friendship restaurant reopens
CHITRAL - The popular Chitral plane restaurant has relaunched and is operational once again. The plane is a former Pakistan International Airline’s (PIA) Fokker F27 48-seater aircraft that crash-landed on June 16th, 2004 at Chitral Airport.
A retired PIA pilot bought the decommissioned aircraft and turned it into a café offering a pleasant dining experience for all age groups.
While the restaurant gained great popularity, the authorities were not too impressed and the eatery was sealed by Assistant Commissioner Alamgir on the orders of Deputy Commissioner Lower Chitral, Khurshid Alam Mehsud.
The step was taken because of the restaurant was violating airport safety standards. Objections were raised by the Airport Manager Chitral as well, asking to relocate terming it dangerous for regular flight operations.
The owner of the restaurant has now been permitted to run his restaurant again.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019