'Numaish' – Ali Xeeshan makes fashion statement along with a social message
A couturier to the stars, Ali Xeeshan has wooed everyone as he puts forward a fashion campaign against dowry in collaboration with the United Nations Women Pakistan.
Showcasing his latest collection at the 'Pantene HUM Bridal Couture Week 2021,' Numaish highlights the bitter reality of the bizarre matrimonial tradition - dowry, in the most artistic way possible.
Making a bold yet socially responsible statement through his craft regarding the deep-rooted dilemma surrounding dowry, Xeeshan presented a young girl who graced the ramp laden with heavy bridal attire, makeup and jewellery; pulling a cart full of "goodies" down a runway as a showstopper.
Xeeshan has been teasing the collection on social media for days by posting behind the scenes' pictures. In his video, the caption read:
"Shedding light on the epochal and alarming issue of families fretting over saving money for their daughters’ dowry (Jahez) instead of their education that is far more important. It's time to put a stop to this overburdening tradition!"
View this post on Instagram
The collaboration is part of UN Women's 'Jahez Khori Band Karo' campaign, which calls on people to stop asking for and giving dowry.
A pledge against the old-age tradition of dowry and an effort to educate today’s youth to say no to dowry, the visually stunning fashion film has been quite creatively directed by Abdullah Haris.
Jahez (dowry) is a tradition that is being passed down from one generation to the next in South Asia.
What is Ali Xeeshan's Grand Finale at PLBW'16 ... 05:34 PM | 30 Sep, 2016
At the Grand Finale, 2016, Ali Xeeshan will be showcasing his latest collection, and his latest idea to the world that ...
- ‘Proud of you’ — PM Imran congratulates Team Pakistan for T20 ...11:05 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Pakistan make India bite the dust in first encounter of T20 ...10:29 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, cabinet dissolved09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Chinese company announces resumption of work on Dasu hydropower ...08:15 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021