Lebanese filmmaker features the life of a Syrian street child in a short film
Lebanon- Recently a short film is making rounds around national and international film festivals which is based on a Syrian girl trying to make a living on the streets of Lebanon. This film “MARAM” is directed by Samer Beyhum which documents the realities of children who are displaced from their homes to different parts of the world.
The lead of this film is a young girl who is forced to make a living out of selling flowers on the roads of Beirut. It is a 6 minutes long documentary which shows the life of “Maram”, a young girl who is selling flowers in the middle of the night with hopes and aspirations. The name “Maram” even translates to “aspiration”.
The mind behind Maram, Beyhum talks about how the team just wanted to showcase the life of such children who are forced to work because of the displacement showing their dreams and hopes. The primary reason behind this documentary was to discuss the grave issue behind Syrian displacement which talks about education of these children which should be the utmost priority regardless of their status.
- Kashmir will be free soon: PM Imran04:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020