Lebanese filmmaker features the life of a Syrian street child in a short film
Lebanon- Recently a short film is making rounds around national and international film festivals which is based on a Syrian girl trying to make a living on the streets of Lebanon. This film “MARAM” is directed by Samer Beyhum which documents the realities of children who are displaced from their homes to different parts of the world.
The lead of this film is a young girl who is forced to make a living out of selling flowers on the roads of Beirut. It is a 6 minutes long documentary which shows the life of “Maram”, a young girl who is selling flowers in the middle of the night with hopes and aspirations. The name “Maram” even translates to “aspiration”.
The mind behind Maram, Beyhum talks about how the team just wanted to showcase the life of such children who are forced to work because of the displacement showing their dreams and hopes. The primary reason behind this documentary was to discuss the grave issue behind Syrian displacement which talks about education of these children which should be the utmost priority regardless of their status.
- President Alvi passes Parents Protection Ordinance 202108:50 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan on top after Abid Ali hits maiden double ton08:00 PM | 8 May, 2021
- PM Imran and wife Bushra walk barefoot to Masjid-e-Nabwi (VIDEO)07:17 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Prime suspect in British-Pakistani woman's murder case surrenders to ...06:35 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Mahira Khan all set to hit Indian screens again04:39 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021