Chaos in Islamabad’s D-Chowk as govt employee’s protest over pay rise
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad police on Wednesday fired tear gas shells at the protesting government employees during their demonstration at D-Chowk in the federal capital.
At least 2,000 of the protesting government servants are demanding a pay rise. The protesters are planning to march towards Parliament House. The police, however, in a bid to distract the protester fired tear-gas shells. This led to chaos and many protesters went inside their office buildings.
The police have held several people outside the secretariat and conducting raids to detain others. The authorities have also blocked the roads in Federal Capital by placing containers.
Federal ministers, including Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed, have negotiated with the protesters and assured them that their demands will be met.
On the other hand, the protesters are demanding notification as they don’t want any verbal commitments.
Will raise salaries of govt employees in next ... 10:28 PM | 5 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Defence Minister Pervez Khattak has assured that salaries of government employees will be increased ...
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021