Minimum Nisab set at Rs80,933 for Zakat deduction
ISLAMABAD – People maintaining a minimum of Rs80,933 balance in savings, profit and loss sharing or similar bank accounts on the first day of Ramadan will be liable to pay 2.5 percent Zakat on the total balance.
A notification issued by the Administrator-General Zakat for the lunar year 1441-42 Hijri said Sunday.
Zakat is an obligatory charity for all eligible Muslims and is based on the current nisab values. These values can change year to year.
Earlier, Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry said that the Ramadan moon would be sighted country-wide on April 13. Pakistanis will break their first fast on April 14, he predicted in a tweet.
Muslims to observe two Ramadan in the year 2030 02:53 PM | 10 Apr, 2021
LAHORE – Nothing is 100 percent accurate but it is most likely that the clear position of the moon from a given ...
The Pakistan Meteorological Department also predicted that the Ramadan moon will be sighted on Tuesday, April 13. The sky on the day will be clear with lesser clouds making it easier to sight the moon.
Fawad Chaudhry predicts Ramadan 2021 to start ... 12:58 PM | 3 Apr, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Science and Technology Fawad Chaudhry Saturday said that Ramadan moon would be ...
- Shehbaz Sharif seeks LHC permission for medical trip to London02:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- ‘No More Israeli technology’ - Australia shuts down Elbit’s ...02:07 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Pakistan starts local production of China's CanSino Bio Covid-19 ...01:25 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PM Imran embarks Saudi Arabia on official visit tomorrow12:57 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Indian actress Abhilasha Patil passes away due to Covid-19 ...12:41 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Pakistani 'crystal artist' Sara Shakeel featured in British Vogue06:37 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021