Jahangir Khan Tareen rejects impression regarding benefiting from sugar price hike
LAHORE - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) stalwart Jahangir Tareen Khan has refutes reports that he received benefits from inflated sugar prices.
While talking to a private news channel, Tareen claimed that the increase in prices is directly benefiting the farmer. “The government should free sugar imports so that prices are controlled,” he added.
While expressing hope that prices shall drastically fall in February, he said that important matters including inflation, sugar crisis and economic situation has been discussed and are under review.
Earlier, in a move to keep sugar prices under control, the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) imposed an immediate ban on sugar export.
- American company to set up first ever manufacturing unit of ...12:24 AM | 25 Feb, 2020
- US relations with Pakistan 'very good one': Trump tells rally in India10:39 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Operation Swift Retort: PAF releases new song in connection with ...10:18 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Jake Paul deletes Tweet about Zayn Malik after getting dissed by ...08:03 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Local authorities close Venice Carnival early on virus fears: report12:52 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019