Jahangir Khan Tareen rejects impression regarding benefiting from sugar price hike
LAHORE - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) stalwart Jahangir Tareen Khan has refutes reports that he received benefits from inflated sugar prices.
While talking to a private news channel, Tareen claimed that the increase in prices is directly benefiting the farmer. “The government should free sugar imports so that prices are controlled,” he added.
While expressing hope that prices shall drastically fall in February, he said that important matters including inflation, sugar crisis and economic situation has been discussed and are under review.
Earlier, in a move to keep sugar prices under control, the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) imposed an immediate ban on sugar export.
- Number of coronavirus cases starts declining in Islamabad, says NCOC11:41 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa hails improved security situation in tribal districts10:04 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — PIA announces to resume flights to UAE08:34 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- CJP Gulzdar orders formation of more accountability courts08:19 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Federal govt takes decision about reopening schools across Pakistan07:49 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Sajal Aly pens an emotional note to celebrate the third anniversary ...01:17 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife ...12:51 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali pens a heartfelt birthday note for her mother11:36 AM | 8 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020