Today marks 2nd death anniversary of TV legend Qazi Wajid
KARACHI - Veteran TV actor Qazi Wajid is being remembered on his second death anniversary on Tuesday (today).The 87-year-old actor passed away on February 11, 2018, in Karachi after he suffered from heart palpitations and was admitted to the hospital.
Born in 1930 in Gwalior, India, Wajid’s family, including five of his siblings – three brothers and two sisters – migrated to Pakistan after partition and settled in Karachi, where his father was allotted a quarter at Martin Road. He shifted to the USA for a brief period after completing his early education in Lahore.
Wajid remained a popular face on TV, after joining the industry in 1966 following his 25-year-stint as a pioneer in the radio industry. He spent nearly 48 years in the media industry fulfilling the roles of a radio artist and a TV, stage and film actor.
Some of his most renowned works include Pakistan Television (PTV) classics such as Dhoop Kinaray, Khuda Ki Basti and Tanhaiyan and most of all, Khuda ki Basti, the drama that put him on the map.
Wajid has also been awarded the Pride of Performance Award.
Rest in Peace!
- PHC employees ordered to refund illegally drawn BISP aid06:44 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Protect labour class from impacts of COVID-19, Pakistan urges the ...06:14 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Another doctor dies of coronavirus in KP06:11 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 239,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,945 confirmed ...05:54 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- #JusticeForZahra: Pakistani journalist arrested over wife’s murder05:32 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Sajal Aly pens an emotional note to celebrate the third anniversary ...01:17 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife ...12:51 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali pens a heartfelt birthday note for her mother11:36 AM | 8 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020