Today marks 2nd death anniversary of TV legend Qazi Wajid
KARACHI - Veteran TV actor Qazi Wajid is being remembered on his second death anniversary on Tuesday (today).The 87-year-old actor passed away on February 11, 2018, in Karachi after he suffered from heart palpitations and was admitted to the hospital.
Born in 1930 in Gwalior, India, Wajid’s family, including five of his siblings – three brothers and two sisters – migrated to Pakistan after partition and settled in Karachi, where his father was allotted a quarter at Martin Road. He shifted to the USA for a brief period after completing his early education in Lahore.
Wajid remained a popular face on TV, after joining the industry in 1966 following his 25-year-stint as a pioneer in the radio industry. He spent nearly 48 years in the media industry fulfilling the roles of a radio artist and a TV, stage and film actor.
Some of his most renowned works include Pakistan Television (PTV) classics such as Dhoop Kinaray, Khuda Ki Basti and Tanhaiyan and most of all, Khuda ki Basti, the drama that put him on the map.
Wajid has also been awarded the Pride of Performance Award.
Rest in Peace!
- HBL PSL 2020 action shifts to Rawalpindi from Tuesday03:41 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Tranquil Dawn is AkzoNobel’s Color of the Year for 202003:35 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- On Sridevi's 2nd death anniversary, Janhvi Kapoor shares throwback ...02:28 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- New attorney general refuses to represent govt in Justice Isa case01:25 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Ali Zafar drops hint at releasing a new song for PSL 202012:36 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Do we hear wedding bells for Sajal Aly, Ahad Raza Mir?12:23 PM | 24 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019