NAB recommends reference against former Finance Minister over misuse of power
KARACHI – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) recommended a reference against former Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Shaikh and former Chairman FBR Abdullah Yousuf among others in a case pertaining to alleged malfeasance in office, local media reported Monday.
Reports cited that the decision was taken in the regional board meeting of anti-graft watchdog. The former PPP leader and former Chairman FBR are accused of causing a loss of around $11.125 million to the national exchequer.
DG NAB Karachi Najaf Mirza, who chaired the crucial meeting, recommended the registration of two corruption references and the transformation of two complaints into inquiries.
PTI govt to lose Abdul Hafeez Shaikh as ... 07:52 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) would soon be required to pick a new finance minister as ...
Meanwhile, Shaikh, who was earlier asked to step down as Finance Minister by Prime Minister Imran Khan, is also facing alleged corruption charges in a case pertaining to illegal payment of US$10 million from the national exchequer during his previous tenure as the Finance Minister.
- PM Shehbaz rejects Imran's demand for early polls, says govt will ...06:15 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Haier Pakistan all set to make a mark in Djibouti - exporting ...05:22 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan-West Indies ODI series shifted to Multan amid political ...04:29 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Hassan Ahmed apologises to Aiman Khan for his harsh comments04:00 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Aima Baig gears up for her London concert03:28 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022