NA adopts resolution for teaching Holy Quran with translation in universities
ISLAMABAD – The National Assembly on Monday passed a unanimous resolution recommending the Federal government to make arrangements for recitation of the Holy Quran along with translation, compulsory in educational institutions owned and controlled by the federal government.
The resolution was moved by State Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Ali Muhammad Khan according to rules and procedure of the National Assembly.
The resolution said Quran recitation in educational institutions was as per the spirit of the constitution of the country.
As per the constitution, official name of the country was Islamic republic of Pakistan and Holy Quran and Sunnah was the supreme law.
Proper arrangements should be made to teach the Holy Quran along with translation in institutions under the control of federal government.
The arrangements should be made in the institutions to teach the Holy Quran in urdu for its better understanding, the resolution stated.
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Model Bella Hadid speaks out against racism within the fashion ...03:35 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew, restrictions in Occupied Kashmir to prevent ...02:09 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan marks Youm-e-Istehsal to express solidarity with oppressed ...01:31 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ is No. 1 on Billboard's charts with a ...05:54 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020