No board exams for Matric, Intermediate students in Sindh
KARACHI – There will be no board examinations for matriculation and intermediate students this year due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, Sindh Education Minister Saeed Ghani confirmed on Thursday.
Following a meeting of the Sindh Education Steering Committee session, Ghani said in a statement to media that the students will be promoted without exams after a legislative change or an amendment.
Later today, in a presser, the minister said that all the students will get an additional 3% marks at the time of promotion to the next grade.
Those who have failed will be given passing marks for promotion into next class.
Last week, the government announced to close educational institutes until July 15 while cancelling board exams until the end of this year.
Federal Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood said that due to the ongoing crisis, the board examinations for the ninth grade to intermediate (12th grade) will not be held.
A new date for opening schools across Pakistan will be notified later.
All board exams cancelled, vacations of ... 04:10 PM | 7 May, 2020
ISLAMABAD - The federal government has announced on Thursday to cancel all board exams, besides extending vacations of ...
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020