Sialkot woman commits suicide over husband’s second marriage 'prank'
LAHORE – In a sad incident in Sialkot, a city in North-East Punjab, a woman allegedly ends life after hanging herself with a ceiling fan as her husband, who lives in UAE, pranked her that he contracted a second marriage.
Reports in local media said a Pakistani expatriate Ramzan, who tied with the victim identified as Fauzia around seven years ago, carried out a trick on his wife by saying that he married for another time with a middle-eastern woman in Dubai.
As the man, tried to tease his wife, he hung up after making the shocking revelation. The distressed wife then sent him a number of video messages, but as the husband remained unresponsive, the wife committed suicide, as she ‘didn’t want to share him with anyone’.
In another development in the case, an FIR was registered on the complaint of the victim’s family which stated that Fouzia’s in-laws tortured her to death.
Another TikToker fakes own death to become ... 04:57 PM | 22 Dec, 2020
Naila Jutt, a TikToker with over a million followers, allegedly faked her own death and was able to become a trending ...
Meanwhile, police officials said it was unclear whether the deceased had committed suicide or was subjected to torture by her in-laws. Law enforcers are investigating the matter from all angles.
- Afghan Taliban inks deal with UAE firm to manage three airports08:06 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Massive fire in Balochistan’s Sherani forest put off with help of ...07:28 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Chinese firm signs $50mn agreement for seafood export from Gwadar06:29 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic’s new bold photos set internet on fire04:40 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Hira Mani wins fans’ hearts with her performance in London concert05:50 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022