PTI demands Election Commission of Pakistan be disbanded for 'not being neutral'
ISLAMABAD – The federal government Monday demanded the Election Commission of Pakistan’s chief and its members to resigns for failing to ensure transparency in polling process for recent Senate elections.
Addressing a press conference along with Information Minister Shibli Faraz and Federal Science and Technology Minister Fawad Chaudhry, Education Minister said that all political parties had expressed dissatisfaction over the Senate election. “It is election commission’s failure,” he remarked.
He further said that the ECP had completely failed to perform its duties, adding: “We as a ruling party has not confidence in the election commission”.
He said that a new election commission should be formed in order to revise the trust of all, adding: “Election Commission should be neutral and incumbent set up is not”.
The minister said that the government currently had no plan to move the Supreme Judicial Commission against the ECP.
Horse trading allegations are as also old as the Senate elections, he said, adding that Prime Minister Imran had been sought open ballot for the election from day one. He recalled that the PTI had supported the PML-N when it called for open ballot during its tenure despite political tussle.
“We want to influence of money in elections,” he said.
The education minister also condemned the egg attack on Special Assistant to PM on Political Harmony Shahbaz Gill at the Lahore High Court (LHC) reportedly by the workers of the PML-N.
ECP announces schedule for Karachi’s NA-249 ... 03:00 PM | 11 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Thursday announced the schedule of by-elections in the ...
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- No lockdown in Pakistan: PM Imran urges people to follow Covid-19 SOPs03:05 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Accountability court orders auction of Nawaz Sharif’s seized ...02:07 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Trailer of Salman Khan's new film Radhe is out now (Watch)08:39 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan drops big pregnancy hint in latest Instagram post07:57 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021