Haleem Adil Sheikh detained for violating ECP orders amid Karachi by-polls
KARACHI – Leader of the Opposition in the Sindh Assembly and ruling party leader Haleem Adil Sheikh has been removed for violating the orders of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) amid the voting during PS-88 by-polls.
The arrest of the Sheikh has been made after roaming freely in the PS-88 constituency along with his armed gunmen during the by-elections besides visiting different polling stations.
The law enforcement forces have warned Sheikh to leave the premises of the constituency which he refused to do and was later removed forcefully.
It may be noted that as per the polling code of conduct, public office holders could not visit polling stations.
The PS-88 Malir seat fell vacant on June 2, 2020, after the death of minister for human settlement Ghulam Murtaza Baloch, who had died of novel Covid-19.
Voting for by-election underway in Balochistan, ... 10:54 AM | 16 Feb, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Voting for by-elections on two Sindh Assembly constituencies and one Balochistan Assembly ...
- India’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehru’s statue vandalised by Hindutva ...11:02 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Leaked phone call allegedly between Malik Riaz and Asif Zardari goes ...10:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- PropTech: the inevitable digitization of real estate in Pakistan10:28 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan gets clean chit in drugs case07:47 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Ghana Ali expresses her resentment towards Maryam Nawaz09:12 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Hareem Farooq celebrates birthday in style06:22 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022