Multiple blasts leave two dead, 20 injured in Afghanistan’s Jalalabad
JALALABAD – At least two people were killed and 20 more injured in multiple explosions in Jalalabad city of eastern province Nangarhar on Saturday.
A Taliban official said that women and children were among the injured, adding that an investigation has been launched to determine the cause of the blasts.
These are the first deadly blasts since the American troops left Afghanistan, ending a long war.
Some international media reports claimed that three people were killed in the incident and 18 others were wounded.
Nangarhar is considered as the stronghold of Afghanistan's Islamic State group, which had claimed responsibility for a deadly attack that killed more than 100 people at Kabul airport in August this year.
The Taliban returned to power in mid-August after they removed Ashraf Ghani’s government and took control of Kabul following the withdrawal of foreign forces.
PM Imran reiterates aspiration for peace in ... 10:28 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan warned that instability in Afghanistan could affect all the neighboring ...
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021