India test-fires Pinaka guided missile system
NEW DELHI – India’s state-funded defence research body DRDO has successfully test-fired its upgraded version of Pinaka guided rocket system from a base in eastern state of Odisha, according to media reports.
The flight of the Pinaka guided rocket was successfully tested from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, off the Odisha coast on Thursday.
Pinaka is an artillery missile system capable of destroying 900 square metres at a 20-80 kilometre range by firing a salvo of 12 rockets within 48 seconds.
The Pinaka Mk-II rocket is modified as a missile by integrating with the navigation, control and guidance system to improve the end accuracy and enhance the range.
It is believed that the guided version of the Pinaka system is being developed in order to deliver nuclear warheads at short ranges, the Sputnik reported.
Pakistan Armed Forces shall befittingly respond ... 11:28 AM | 19 Dec, 2019
RAWALPINDI - Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Major General Asif Ghafoor reiterated that ...
The Indian Army intends to have 22 Pinaka regiments by 2026, including 12 regiments of guided Pinaka missiles. Each regiment would consist of three batteries of six Pinaka launchers mounted on Tatra trucks.
The Indian Army has 62 SMERCH batteries, which provide lethal support to infantry and tanks for launching frontal attacks.
On Tuesday, DRDO, Indian Air Force (IAF) and BrahMos jointly successfully conducted two BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles tests, one each from land and air platforms.
Early in the day, Pakistan military said that it is ready to respond to India in case of any misadventures by its eastern neighbour.
Jammu & Kashmir: UNGA adopts Pakistan-sponsored ... 04:06 PM | 19 Dec, 2019
NEW YORK – The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has adopted Pakistan-sponsored resolution that reaffirms ...
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi among 86 awarded 55-year jail sentences08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019