India’s Rahul Gandhi tests positive for COVID-19
NEW DELHI - Indian politician Rahul Gandhi has tested positive for coronavirus amid deteriorating health situation in the country due to second wave of the pandemic.
The member of Indian National Congress party in a tweet said, “After experiencing mild symptoms, I’ve just tested positive for COVID”.
“All those who’ve been in contact with me recently, please follow all safety protocols and stay safe,” he added.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi also prayed for the speedy recovery of his political rival. "I pray for the good health and quick recovery of Lok Sabha MP Shri Rahul Gandhi," he tweeted.
According to Indian health ministry, the country reported a record rise in coronavirus cases of 273,810, taking total number of infections beyond 15 million, as it is battling with second wave of the virus.
India recorded 1,619 death from the COVID-19 during last 24 hours while its total death toll has surged to 178,769.
India is at the fourth place after the United States, Brazil and Mexico to record highest death due to virus.
UK PM Boris Johnson cancels India tour 04:09 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson has cancelled his India tour because of the country’s escalating ...
- Pakistan Army Chief spends Eid with frontlines troops along LoC ...02:16 PM | 13 May, 2021
- PM Imran reaches KP's Nathia Gali to celebrate Eid amid ban on ...01:56 PM | 13 May, 2021
- WATCH - Mufti Muneeb responds to ‘surprise’ Eid announcement, ...12:43 PM | 13 May, 2021
- Palestine marks deadly Eid-ul-Fitr as death toll soars to 69 amid ...12:14 PM | 13 May, 2021
- PM, president, political leaders greet nation on Eid-ul-Fitr11:22 AM | 13 May, 2021
- Kasim Khan’s alarming status leaves fans worried04:45 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021