FBR imposes 17% sales tax on bakeries, restaurant and caterers
ISLAMABAD – The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has increased sales tax rate on supply of food stuff by restaurants, bakeries, caterers and sweetmeats shops to 17 percent.
The FBR on Thursday issued Circular No. 07 of 2022 to explain amendment introduced in the Sales Tax Act, 1990, through Finance (Supplementary) Act, 2022.
Earlier, the tax body was receiving 7.5% tax on food, food stuff and sweetmeats supplied by restaurants, bakeries, caterers and sweetmeats shops.
“Through Finance (Supplementary) Act, 2022, serial No. 64 of Eighth Schedule of Sales Tax Act, 1990 has been omitted; now these products shall be chargeable to tax at 17 per cent under the VAT regime,” read the notification.
The FBR further explained that services mentioned under Serial No. 1 of the Schedule to ICT Service Ordinance, 2001 by hotels, motels, guest houses, marriage halls and lawns (by whatever name called) including ‘pandal’ and ‘shamiana’ services, clubs including race clubs, and caterers shall continue to be chargeable to tax at 16 per cent, local media reported.
Pakistan increases tax on mobile phone recharge 10:20 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
KARACHI – The federal government has decided to charge 15 percent withholding tax on every prepaid mobile phone ...
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022