Lt Gen Nadeem, who's appointed by GHQ as next DG ISI, ‘calls on PM Imran’
ISLAMABAD – Corps Commander Karachi Lieutenant General Nadeem Ahmed Anjum has reportedly met Prime Minister Imran Khan – who is expected to approve the appointment of new intelligence chief this week.
In its report, Daily Jang claimed that the impasse over the appointment of the new ISI chief appears to be settled as both sides 'made the decision in a cordial environment'.
Quoting an informed source, the report said that the notification of the coveted post is expected shortly after the premier held an important meeting with Lt-Gen Nadeem.
Meanwhile, no official statement has been issued from Prime Minister Office or the military’s media wing regarding the recent meeting. The report further added that the incoming spymaster is the only three-star general who called on Prime Minister on Wednesday.
Earlier, it was reported that a summary has been moved regarding the appointment of DG Inter-Services Intelligence. According to government ministers, the premier will make a decision soon.
PM, COAS complete consultation on appointment of ... 11:29 AM | 13 Oct, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Federal Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry Wednesday said the consultation between Prime Minister ...
The key appointment, in light of the unfolding situation in the region, has been the subject of debate and discussions after it was reported that the PM office did not notify DG ISI despite an announcement by the Army’s media wing.
Reports also sparked rumors about the rift among civil and military leadership as officials did not follow the 'proper procedure' for the appointment; however, Khan’s meeting with the Army chief cleared the air about the assumptions.
Earlier in the first week of October, ISPR announced key changes in Pakistan's military hierarchy. These announced postings included the appointment of General Nadeem as DG ISI.
Lt Gen Nadeem Anjum replaces Faiz Hameed as new ... 05:00 PM | 6 Oct, 2021
RAWALPINDI – Lieutenant General Nadeem Ahmed Anjum of the Pakistan Army has been appointed new director general ...
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan bans travel from six South African countries, Hong Kong over ...07:50 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021