COVID-19: Pakistan extends countrywide lockdown till May 9
PAKISTAN - Pakistan has decided to extend the countrywide lockdown until May 9, this was announced by Federal Minister for Planning and Development Asad Umar on Friday.
A meeting of the National Coordination Committee (NCC) was held in the federal capital and decided to extend the date of the lockdown, the minister said this while addressing a news conference.
He said that the NCC was about to start the implementation of the trace and track system from tomorrow. "Consultations were held with chief secretaries and then health ministers at the NCOC. The prime minister has given approval for the system."
He said the apex body of the NCC will oversee the trace and track system but the provincial governments, information technology institutions, civil and military organisations will be involved in the process as well.
"The total funding required for the plan is $595M.— World Health Organization (WHO) (@WHO) April 23, 2020
The plan emphases:
-supporting the most vulnerable
-supporting disease surveillance & laboratories
-enhancing case management
-ensuring infection prevention & control
Asad announced throughout the month of Ramazan, loadshedding will not take place during Sehar and Iftar hours. The remarks from the federal minister came a day before Pakistan observes its first fast for Ramadan 2020.
Currently, the number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan has crossed the 11,500 marks on Friday. WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom warned on Thursday that if Pakistan did not take sufficient "preventive interventions" then the number of coronavirus cases in the country can surge to 200,000 by mid-July.
- PM Imran lauds Turkish President for raising his voice in support of ...11:14 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Middle schools reopen in Federal Capital, Punjab, KP & Balochistan ...10:45 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- President Arif Alvi approves Pakistan Medical Commission Bill 202008:53 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran directs to ensure availability of wheat on reasonable ...08:27 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020