Mehwish Hayat calls out Bollywood for stealing Pakistani songs
It seems like Tamgha-E -Imtiaz winner, Mehwish Hayat isn't done calling out Bollywood for their double standards.
Recently, Alia Bhatt’s latest single, Prada , faced fierce backlash for being eerily similar to Vital Signs’ Gore Rang Ka Zamana. Many Twitter users pointed this out, including the Chhalawa actor.
Alia Bhatt's debut song 'Prada' is a major rip ... 02:05 PM | 24 Aug, 2019
LAHORE- It's 2019 and Bollywood still can't resist copying Pakistani songs. Alia Bhatt recently released a new solo ...
I find this strange. On the one hand Bollywood vilifies Pakistan at every opportunity they get. On the other, they continue to steal our songs without so much as an acknowledgment. “Copyright violation” and “royalty payments” obviously mean nothing.https://t.co/2x48WIGjf3— Mehwish Hayat TI (@MehwishHayat) August 24, 2019
“I find this strange. On the one hand, Bollywood vilifies Pakistan with every opportunity they get,” shared Hayat. “On the other, they continue to steal our songs without so much as an acknowledgment. Copyright violation and royalty payments obviously mean nothing.”
Previously, Hayat slammed Shah Rukh Khan’s latest Netflix production Bard of Blood for fueling hate through the stereotypical portrayal of Muslims and Pakistanis.
This just vindicates what I have been saying for so long. Another week & yet another anti-Pakistan project. Now can we wake up, smell the coffee & see Bollywood’s agenda for what it is?@iamsrk Be patriotic, nobody is stopping you - just don’t do it at the expense of vilifying us. https://t.co/iCElRpJAa1— Mehwish Hayat TI (@MehwishHayat) August 23, 2019
Hayat took to Twitter, saying, “This just vindicates what I have been saying for so long. Another week and yet another anti-Pakistan project. Now can we wake up, smell the coffee and see Bollywood’s agenda for what it is? Shah Rukh Khan, be patriotic, nobody is stopping you – just don’t do it at the expense of vilifying us.”
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Pakistani forces foil terror bid in Bajaur09:25 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- President Alvi watches PAKvBAN T20I at Gaddafi09:22 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- China: Coronavirus death toll hits 4107:03 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019