Two Majors among four martyred as Pakistan Army helicopter crashes in GB
RAWALPINDI – A Pakistan Army aviation helicopter crashed due to technical reasons during casualty evacuation near Minimarg, Gilgit-Baltistan on Saturday.
According to the military’s media wing, the helicopter was evacuating the body of martyred soldier Sepoy Abdul Qadeer to Combined Military Hospital in Skardu. The crash occurred due to technical reasons, the statement added.
The martyred officers and soldiers are identified as Pilot Major M Hussain, Co-Pilot Major Ayaz Hussain, Naik Inzimam Alam, and Sepoy Muhammad Farooq, ISPR.
Major Ayaz, who was martyred in the crash, belongs to Karachi while Major Hussain Shaheed was a resident of Skardu. Naik Inzamam belongs to Chakwal and soldier Farooq Shaheed was a resident of Sahiwal.
- Coaching camp conducted at Royal Palm Golf Club03:42 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Erdogan proposes joint Pakistan, Hungary mission in Afghanistan ...03:03 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh nods to 20pc pay increase for govt employees, sets Rs25,000 ...01:50 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan keen to expand military, bilateral ties with Egypt: CJCSC01:32 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021