Peshawar Court directs to book Aurat March organizers over blasphemous remarks, obscene posters
PESHAWAR – A local court on Friday ordered to register a First Information Report (FIR) against the organizers of Aurat March for alleged blasphemous remarks and carrying objectionable posters.
The Additional Sessions Judge, Syed Shaukat Ullah issued the directives after getting a petition against the organisers which prayed the court to take notice of un-Islamic acts in the name of the women's empowerment rallies.
The lawyers had submitted the application under Section 22-A of the Criminal Procedure Code for registration of a case against the Aurat March organsiers. The legal team told the court that they approached the Police for lodging a case but the law enforcers were reluctant to proceed in any manner.
Doctored clip of Aurat March in Pakistan sparks ... 03:49 PM | 11 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – A doctored video clip from Aurat March 2021, in which a large number of women can be seen chanting ...
On the other hand, the organisers of the Aurat March had denied using such derogatory remarks during the event as they argued that the circulated video was doctored to defame their movement. They also shared the original video with subtitles.
Aurat March is staged annually on March 8 for the last few years and events are held in many cities. Soon after a video went viral following an event on March 8 this year, the organisers had to issue a clarification that it was edited and circulated by the elements to defame their struggle.
Pakistan to probe ‘blasphemous’ slogans, ... 05:43 PM | 15 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The federal government has ordered a probe to find the perpetrators behind the smearing campaign in ...
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Imran’s cabinet announces major decision about moon sighting ...09:48 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Young doctor shot dead by robbers upon resistance in Lahore’s ...09:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Watch - Ali Zafar shares BTS fun video from ‘Larsha Pekhawar’ ...03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021