Malik Riaz donates millions to Diamer-Bhasha, Mohmand dams fund
ISLAMABAD - Malik Riaz, the chairman of Pakistan's top class Housing Society, Bahria Town has contributed huge sums of money to the fund dedicated to the construction of Diamer-Basha and Mohmand Dams.
According to a communique issued by the firm, Malik Riaz has contributed a staggering Rs 42.6 million to the fund opened up by the caretaker government.
'Malik Riaz and Bahria Town would keep on striving to the best of their extent for the betterment of the country and to cater the energy demands,' added the statement.
According to the website of the Supreme Court of Pakistan, the fund has received as much as Rs 382.20 million from Pakistani public for the construction of the dams that would serve as the reservoirs of water and would supplement the energy sector of the country.
The armed forces had also announced to contribute to the fund, as per a tweet by the Director General of Inter-Service Public Relations chief, Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor.
“The officers of army, navy and air force will contribute their two days’ pay, while soldiers [will be donating] one day’s pay to the announced fund for this national cause,” read a statement by the spokesperson.
Pakistan Armed Forces contributing to Diamer-Basha & Mohmand Dam Fund. Officers of Pak Army, Navy and Air Force will contribute their 2 days’ pay while soldiers one day’s pay to the announced fund for this national cause. #DamsForPakistan🇵🇰— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) July 9, 2018
Professionals from other walks of life have also announced to contribute to the fund, in a bid to cater the energy and water crisis, which have been declared a looming threat by experts.
The first notable contribution to the fund was made by the Chief Justice of Pakistan, Mian Saqib Nisar, who contributed Rs 1 million from his pocket and invited the countrymen to follow the suit.
- School of Tomorrow – The World's Premier Schools & Societies ...10:08 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- 10 new COVID-19 rapid response units inaugurated through Pakistan-US ...09:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 247,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,157 confirmed ...09:03 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Stock Exchange returns to regular operational hours on Monday08:48 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- No more announced load shedding in Karachi from tomorrow, says Asad ...08:09 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Aisha Uqbah Malik pens a heartwarming birthday wish for husband04:27 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi criticises Muslims encouraging conversion of other ...03:58 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Feroze Khan celebrates his 30th birthday03:10 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020