Imran urges ECP to look into 'alleged' rigging in KPK LB polls
Addressing a press conference, Khan said that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government had no role in the arrest of senior ANP leader Mian Iftikhar Hussain.
He declaredthat neither government ordered his arrest, nor it would ask the police to withdraw case against Mian Iftikhar.
“I have great respect Mian Iftikhar, who is a brave man,” he said.
“There is no interference of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government in police matters. Police will have to act as per the law.”
He took exception to Asif Ali Zardari’s criticism on arrest of Mian Iftihar. “We have seen what you (Zardari) have done to Zulfiqar Mriza,” he said.
He rejected impression that Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government had failed to maintain law and order situation during the polling, saying that the whole provincial administration was at the disposal of ECP.
“I called up Chief Minister Pervez Khattak many a times, but he too was helpless as it was the job of ECP.”
Despite coming into power for five or six times, PML-N and PPP never held local government elections, he said. “This is the change I always talked about. We have devolved power to village level. This is the real democracy.”
- PTI moves IHC against ECP's ruling on prohibited funding case02:10 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani rupee gains Rs2.54 against dollar in interbank market12:37 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- TV anchor Iqrarul Hassan jumps into dispute between Aamir Liaquat’s ...11:50 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal, Shahroz Sabzwari welcome their first child09:24 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Mahira Khan mocked as she posts throwback pictures with BFF Feeha ...10:41 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022