Amendment in Army Act for Gen Bajwa’s extension approved; bill to be tabled in Parliament
ISLAMABAD – The Federal Cabinet on Wednesday gave approval of amendment in Army Act for extension in tenure of incumbent Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
The amendment was approved in the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad.
The bill would be produced soon in the parliament for final approval.
Last year in October, the apex court had allowed extension/reappointment of Gen Bajwa for another six months and asked the government to determine the tenure, terms and conditions of the service of the army chief through legislation within the period of six months.
SC calls for new legislation to end uncertainty ... 07:49 PM | 16 Dec, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Monday issued its detailed verdict on the extension of the chief of the army staff, ...
Earlier, the federal government prepared the notification for extension in tenure of incumbent COAS General Bajwa for at least six times, but failed every time to convince the top court in open proceedings on the subject matter.
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020