Amendment in Army Act for Gen Bajwa’s extension approved; bill to be tabled in Parliament
ISLAMABAD – The Federal Cabinet on Wednesday gave approval of amendment in Army Act for extension in tenure of incumbent Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
The amendment was approved in the cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad.
The bill would be produced soon in the parliament for final approval.
Last year in October, the apex court had allowed extension/reappointment of Gen Bajwa for another six months and asked the government to determine the tenure, terms and conditions of the service of the army chief through legislation within the period of six months.
SC calls for new legislation to end uncertainty ... 07:49 PM | 16 Dec, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Monday issued its detailed verdict on the extension of the chief of the army staff, ...
Earlier, the federal government prepared the notification for extension in tenure of incumbent COAS General Bajwa for at least six times, but failed every time to convince the top court in open proceedings on the subject matter.
- Taliban capture key Afghan border crossing with Tajikistan12:28 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Islamabad and Karachi ranked among the least expensive cities for ...11:30 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- Indian variant of coronavirus spreading rapidly in Israel11:14 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- UK Minister for South Asia Lord Ahmad arrives in Pakistan10:39 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- TikToker who scammed Ertuğrul star gets bail09:42 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- WCLA revives the lost culture of Kotwal in old Lahore07:20 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi caught performing obscene acts in new leaked video06:58 PM | 22 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021