Senate polls – PPP's Yousaf Raza Gilani asks PM Imran to consider his decades-long political career on election day
ISLAMABAD – Former prime minister and Pakistan People’s Party leader Yusuf Raza Gilani has written a letter to all Parliamentarians, including Prime Minister Imran Khan, asking for support in forthcoming Senate polls.
Sharing his lifelong struggle and contributions in Pakistani politics, the PDM candidate termed the upcoming polls as crucial as it will determine the direction of the future of Pakistani politics. The seasoned politician added that we need political unity and need to put aside self-serving desires and political differences.
Addressing the parliamentarians, he said we have to come together to restore the sanctity and dignity of the legislature.
Reiterating his long political struggle, he mentioned that "my journey comprises four long decades. I got elected as the Speaker of the National Assembly in 1985 and became the Prime Minister in the year 2008. Most of you are well aware of my partial actions about those days."
"I hope that you will make your decision in my favour on March 3 considering my sincere and unbiased role in Pakistani politics," he added.
Gilani's party chief and former president Asif Ali Zardari, who is in the federal capital nowadays, seems very confident about their victory in the Senate polls. Lambasting at the ruling party, he claimed PM Khan won't be the prime minister once our candidate becomes the Senate chairperson.
Senate elections: SC announces decision to ... 09:30 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court on Monday announced that the coming Senate elections will be held through a secret ...
Earlier today, the Supreme Court announced that the coming Senate elections will be held through a secret ballot.
A five-member bench headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmed announced the reserved opinion in the open court. The majority verdict (4-1) of the top court stated that elections of the upper house of the parliament are held under article 226 of the constitution of Pakistan.
Video of horse-trading in 2018 Senate elections ... 06:33 PM | 9 Feb, 2021
KARACHI – A secretly recorded video exposing horse-trading during 2018 Senate polls has sent shockwaves across ...
- Pakistan marks Allama Iqbal’s 83rd death anniversary01:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- NAB summons Punjab Minister Mian Aslam, Samiullah Ch in sugar scam01:43 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Afghan peace conference in Turkey postponed as Taliban balk01:14 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Son of former Chief Justice survives assassination bid in Karachi12:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan installs first high speed 4G mobile tower at K2 base camp11:12 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021