Over 15,000 children in Pakistan tested positive for COVID-19 in April
ISLAMABAD – More than 15,000 children, of ages up to 20 years, tested positive for novel coronavirus across Pakistan in April alone amid third wave of the pandemic.
The Ministry of Health said the deadly virus has claimed lives of 19 children, adding that six of the deceased aged between one to 10 years.
Out of total cases reported among children in April, nearly 3,000 of them between one and 10 years of age while the remaining are between 11 and 20 years of age.
The pandemic has infected over 93,000 children of the same age group across the country since it erupted in March 2020.
Covid Situation in Pakistan
At least 146 people lost their lives due to the third wave of the novel coronavirus infection while 4,696 fresh cases have reported in the last 24 hours, National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) said Saturday.
According to the latest figures from the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), the death toll has surged to 17,957 while the number of confirmed cases stands at 825,519.
In the past 24 hours, as many as 5,544 patients have recovered from the deadly virus while the total recoveries stand at 717,009. As of Saturday, the total count of active cases was recorded at 90,553, and the positivity rate recorded at 9.63 percent.
At least 283,560 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Sindh, 303,182 in Punjab 118,413 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 75,498 in Islamabad, 22,369 in Balochistan, 17,187 in Azad Kashmir, and 5,310 in Gilgit-Baltistan.
Moreover, 8,500 individuals have lost their lives to the epidemic in Punjab 4,645 in Sindh, 3,310 in KP, 683 in Islamabad, 476 in Azad Kashmir, 236 in Balochistan, and 107 in Gilgit Baltistan.
The health facilities across the country conducted 48,740 coronavirus detection tests, taking the total number of COVID-19 tests to 11,836,86 since the first case was reported.
No Youm-e-Ali processions in Pakistan this year: ... 02:35 PM | 1 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The government has announced a ban on Youm-e-Ali processions across Pakistan in the wake of the third ...
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021