Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi tests positive for coronavirus
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Friday tested positive for coronavirus, local media reported.
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader has quarantined himself at his house. He said in a tweet, "This afternoon I felt a slight fever and immediately quarantined myself at home. I have now tested positive for Covid 19".
This afternoon I felt a slight fever and immediately quarantined myself at home. I have now tested positive for Covid 19. By the grace of Allah, I feel strong and energetic. I will continue to carry on my duties from home. Please keep me in your prayers.— Shah Mahmood Qureshi (@SMQureshiPTI) July 3, 2020
"By the grace of Allah, I feel strong and energetic. I will continue to carry on my duties from home. Please keep me in your prayers."
The number of coronavirus cases in Pakistan rose to a total of 221,892, according to government data until Friday morning.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 4,551 according to the National Command and Control Centre, while at least 113,623 patients have fully recovered.
Punjab has reported the highest number of deaths, a total of 1,784, while Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follow with 1,437 and 973 fatalities respectively. Balochistan has recorded 121 fatalities; Islamabad, 129 deaths; Gilgit Baltistan, 28; and Azad Kashmir, 32.
The first two fatalities from COVID-19, as the illness is officially known, were reported in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on March 18 (Wednesday).
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020