Punjab extends winter vacations till Jan 12 due to extreme weather condition
LAHORE - The Government of Punjab on Monday extended the winter vacations of schools owing to extreme cold weather condition in the province.
A notification issued by the provincial School Education Department notified that all public and private schools in the province will re-open on January 13.
Due to extreme weather conditions, winter vacation has been increased till January 12th, 2020. All Public & Private Schools of Punjab will reopen on Monday January 13th, 2020. Notification attached. pic.twitter.com/YZ99gguyWk— Murad Raas (@DrMuradPTI) January 6, 2020
“In the wake of weather conditions, the winter vacations are hereby extended with effect from Jan 7, 2020 to Jan 12, 2020 in all public and private schools in Punjab,” read the notification.
Earlier, the government had announced 17 days winter vacations for all public and private schools across the province starting from December 20, 2019 and ending on January 4, 2020.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020