Future of face masks? Rapper will.i.am unveils hi-tech smart mask
Rapper will.i.am has announced the release of the ultimate protection mechanism – a tech-smart face mask that will ensure safety given the surging coronavirus cases globally.
Amid the pandemic, the Black Eyed Peas frontman is partnering up with costume designer Jose Fernandez and Honeywell, an engineering company, to create Xupermask- a technologically smart face covering.
A major part of the design includes a system that aids in mitigating unwelcoming sounds with noise-cancelling audio and microphone.
The 46-year-old singer told People that the inspiration behind the modern collaboration came from the daily issues that mask wearers faced from foggy glasses to muffled phone calls.
"I thought about all the pain points that people have with masks and earbuds and how earbuds were not designed to pick up the voice of people that have fabric in front of their mouth," he said.
View this post on Instagram
Further, he added, "People have to take the mask off and put themselves at risk. [With Xupermask], you could literally whisper on a bike on a Zoom, and they hear you perfectly fine because we block off the wind and we block out the noise and block out the germs."
On the work front, he collaborated with a group of artists made up of Bono, Jennifer Hudson, and Yoshiki for the song "Sing For Life".
$4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against ... 08:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
NEW DELHI –A resident of India's Maharashtra state has turned heads after wearing a solid gold face mask worth ...
- China says ambassador wasn’t in hotel during Quetta suicide blast04:11 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Strong business performance improved Bank Alfalah’s Mar ’21 ...03:45 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- President Alvi vows to cement ties with Saudi Arabia03:39 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Google marks Earth Day with animated doodle, urges everyone to plant ...03:32 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Maya Ali and Ayesha Omar shower each other with compliments02:57 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Adnan Siddiqui reveals about Sridevi's sudden demise01:55 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Sana Fakhar shares photos of jaw-dropping weight-loss transformation09:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021