UN alarms Pakistan to stay vigilant against reunion of TTP splinter groups
ISLAMABAD – Afghan land continues to serve as a sanctuary for terror groups including the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), as the United Nations recent report warns increased threat level to the region.
The United Nations report cautions that the merger of these terror groups has enhanced the threat of terrorism to Pakistan along with the region. The merger of these banned outfits splinter groups has increased the strength of the TTP and resulted in a sharp increase in attacks.
The report acknowledged that Pakistan has consistently highlighted the terrorism threat from these terror groups. It also stated Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) responsible for over 100 “cross-border” attacks within three months last year. Additionally, it confirms that Pakistan has made arrests of individuals engaging in terrorism financing and the freezing of the assets of designated individuals and entities.
India behind terrorism in Balochistan, says PM ... 05:47 PM | 9 Jan, 2021
QUETTA – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Saturday expressing deep grief over brutal killing of Hazara community ...
The report reveals five entities pledged alliance to TTP in July and August, including the Shehryar Mehsud group, Jamaatul-Ahrar, Hizb-ul-Ahrar, the Amjad Farooqi group, and the Usman Saifullah group (formerly known as Lashkar-e- Jhangvi).
Earlier in 2020, Pakistan handed over a dossier to UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on the Indian sponsorship of terror groups in the regions.
'Irrefutable evidence': ISPR-FM present dossier ... 11:36 AM | 14 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi and Director General Inter-Services Public Relations Major ...
- Rohit Shetty to produce yet another installment of 'Golmaal'11:52 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Will you always be mine? Mystery girl proposes man using pink ...09:19 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Hira Mani has got something to share with fans about her BBC interview08:58 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Ayeza Khan and Danish Taimoor's vacation pictures set internet on fire07:55 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022