305 stranded Pakistanis return home via Torkham
PESHAWAR – More than three hundred Pakistanis, who were stranded in Afghanistan due to coronavirus pandemic, have returned home through Torkham border.
Assistant Commissioner Shamsul-Islam and security official received them at the border, before they were shifted to Quarantine center in Landi Kotal for COVID-19 testing.
The first COVID-19 case in Afghanistan was recorded on February 24 in western Herat province, when a newly deported Afghan asylum-seeker from neighboring Iran — host to around 2.5 million Afghans — showed symptoms. Herat soon became Afghanistan's coronavirus hotspot as Tehran continued deporting Afghans at an accelerated rate.
Since then, the virus has spread to other parts of the conflict-ridden nation, with 4,033 confirmed cases and 115 fatalities. But health experts have warned that the pandemic could have devastating consequences for the war-ravaged nation. Without a unified response and access to enough tests and ventilators, it risks facing a highly deadly outbreak.
Pakistan to repatriate stranded students from ... 03:29 PM | 9 May, 2020
ISLAMABAD – A special flight of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) will bring back some 250 students ...
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021