Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman released on bail after 241 days
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court on Monday granted bail to the chief executive and editor-in-chief of Jang Group Mir Shakil ur Rehman in a 34-year-old land acquiring case.
The National Accountability Bureau NAB arrested the Jang owner on March 12 in connection with the alleged illegal exemption of 54 plots in H-block of Lahore's Jauhar Town phase-II allotted to him being the holder of a general power of attorney on behalf of Hidayat Ali and Hikmat Ali by the then Punjab chief minister Nawaz Sharif in violation of the relevant rules.
Rehman's counsel also mentioned that NAB Chairman Javed retired Justice Javed Iqbal had not issued arrest warrants for director land department and DG LDA.
The top court accepted the petition, asking Shakil to submit surety bonds worth Rs100 million.
The news anchor of Geo News, Muhammad Junaid tweets in accordance with the release of the group chief.
The Lahore High Court had earlier denied bail to Rehman, after which they appealed the verdict in the higher court.
- Kashmiris call for civil curfew on Indian president's visit amid ...11:36 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- AJK Elections 2021: PTI takes lead as results pour in10:21 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Scottish climber feared dead while scaling K2 in Pakistan09:21 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Umrah pilgrims return to Makkah after Hajj 202108:33 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan face West Indies in 1st T20I on Wednesday; check out full ...07:47 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Burcu Kiratli’s new bold photos set internet on ...04:41 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video goes viral02:14 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- IN PICS: Hania Aamir steals the limelight at Aima Baig’s engagement12:15 PM | 25 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021