Coke Studio 12 to begin with Atif Aslam's rendition of Wohi Khuda Hai
LAHORE - Coke Studio is all set to open Season 12 with the Hamd, Wohi Khuda Hai being sung by Atif Aslam. Wohi Khuda Hai will be released on 11th October 2019. Penned by Muzaffar Warsi, the lyrics of WohiKhuda Hai are praise of GOD as the One Creator of a system that runs and maintains an order of the universe in balance and harmony.
The piece goes on to describe this in the various experiences of the human connection with the Divine; through the seen and unseen and, ultimately, with one’s heart and soul.
A piece that was originally made iconic in the vocals of Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Wohi Khuda Hai remains a national favourite, as a composition that has been etched into our cultural framework.
It has been sung and covered countless times across the globe, taking on different colours, profoundly impacting audiences with the universal appeal of its poetry.
This season at Coke Studio, the rendition presents Atif Aslam in a space that offers an exploration of the essence of the Hamd, by witnessing the play of a soundscape that serves the contemplative nature of the verses.
Wohi Khuda Hai is an exploration of wonder and awe at the capacity and ability of Creation and a means to reflect on its beauty. For this season, Atif Aslam brings to the canvas of Coke Studio experimentation of ambient and introspective discovery - once again exploring the melodies hidden in his voice and showcasing his versatility with genres that are new to his repertoire.
Sharing his experience with media officials, Atif Aslam has said, “I still don’t think I have made it. When I started, for the first few years, I used to think, with fame and money, I’d made it. But after that, I asked myself, ‘What have you made? This is all material that you have.’ After that, the real search started. That is when the fun started. Even today, I am caught in that search. I will keep at it, always.”
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP chief Khadim Hussain Rizvi among 86 awarded 55-year jail sentences08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Air Marshal Ahmer Shehzad appointed as Vice Chief of Air Staff07:38 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran wants 'meaningful negotiations' with Shehbaz Sharif over CEC ...07:26 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019