Another ‘power shock’ for K-Electric consumers as NEPRA jacks up power tariff by Rs11.10 per unit
KARACHI – The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) notified another increase in electricity tariff by Rs11.10 per unit, giving another 'electric shock' to the residents of the country’s largest metropolis.
The power regulator jacked up the power tariff by Rs11.10 per unit for K-Electric consumers on account of fuel charges adjustment (FCA) for June 2022 amid worsening power outages in the port city.
Reports suggest that with the recent increase in the price of power tariff, K-electric consumers will be burdened with additional Rs 25 billion.
The notification mentioned that the increase in electricity prices will be applicable only on the bills for August and September.
The consumers of the port city are also paying an increase of nearly Rs8 per unit of May fuel price adjustment in the form of electricity.
Nepra increases power tariff for K-Electric ... 03:00 PM | 28 Jul, 2022
ISLAMABAD – The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA) has increased power tariff for K-Electric ...
The development comes as power shortfall has reached 5,944 megawatts (MW) in South Asian country as total power generation capacity has dropped to 23,556 MW against the demand of 29,500MW.
- Miftah Ismail terms slash in POL prices 'reckless' decision09:08 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ace Junior League concludes at Lahore Garrison08:40 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- COAS Bajwa discusses regional security with UN military adviser11:49 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series11:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...10:24 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022