22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting lawyers remove oxygen mask
LAHORE – A man was forced to watch his young sister die on a ward of a Lahore’s medical facility after disruption to oxygen due to lawyers’ violent protest on Wednesday.
Samina, 22, was shifted to the Punjab Institute of Cardiology (PIC) in serious condition five days ago. She was breathing with the support of oxygen due to her deteriorating health condition.
According to her brother, lawyers stormed the hospital and entered the emergency ward when some protesters removed the oxygen mask of her daughter.
“May sister died in front of me while struggling to breathe and I was helpless,” the man who hails from Rawalpindi said while telling the heinous act by protesters.
“I don’t know where to get the justice for my daughter’s death,” he added.
Violent lawyers broke into the emergency ward of the PIC following alleged torture on a lawyer by doctors a few days ago.
According to media reports, the enraged lawyers broke windows of the emergency ward and several vehicles parked nearby the hospital. At least four patients died and over a dozen doctors were injured during the violence.
4 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies ... 01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
LAHORE - At least 4 patients died and more than 22 doctors were injured on Wednesday as protesting lawyers broke ...
People at the hospital have been forced out into the lawns and patients have been left unattended. Doctors, paramedic staff and nurses either escaped or have been locked inside rooms.
The dispute between lawyers and doctors escalated after a video of alleged torture on a lawyer by doctors went viral sparked dispute after which lawyers went out of control.
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- PSL 2020 tickets to go up for sale tonight07:08 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan squad for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 announced06:56 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019