Punjab extends detention of TLP chief for another 90 days
LAHORE – The detention of banned Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan chief Saad Hussain Rizvi has been extended by 90 days under the Section 11 EEE of the Anti-Terrorism Act 1997.
The Punjab government issued a fresh notification as the detention of Rizvi was set to end on July 09. He was detained on April 12.
Reports in local media cited that the extension has been ordered by Lahore Deputy Commissioner Muddassir Riaz Malik and the Chief of the outlawed party will be placed under Lahore’s Central Jail superintendent.
It further added that the DC Lahore invoked his powers under Section 11 EEE of the Anti-Terrorism Act 1997 and issued the order for the detention of Rizvi for another three months.
Earlier, TLP supporters flocked outside the Central Jail, Kot Lakhpat to welcome their leader as a provincial review board, on July 2, had ordered the government to release him if not required in any other case. However, the supporters returned with disappointment as the government extended the detention period.
LHC turns down Punjab govt’s request for ... 08:27 PM | 2 Jul, 2021
The Lahore High Court (LHC) on Friday turned down a petition filed by the Punjab government seeking extension in the ...
Meanwhile, a family member of Rizvi had filed the petition, challenging the previous detention order. He also assailed an order of the Lahore High Court (LHC) that dismissed his petition against the detention. The Supreme Court is set to hear a petition challenging the detention of Rizvi on Monday.
Furthermore, counter-terrorism had made a similar request on the account of maintenance of peace and public order. We have credible information that Rizvi will again provoke the members of TLP to act in a manner prejudicial to public safety and to hold countrywide protests which will create a law and order situation, the officials claimed.
TLP workers storm Nawankot Police Station, take ... 04:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
LAHORE – The workers of recently proscribed Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) tortured a deputy superintendent of ...
- Four children among seven die in house fire in Muzaffargarh10:28 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan and IMF fail to strike deal once again under $6bn extended ...09:51 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily coronavirus death toll in three months09:11 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 October 202108:43 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam’s wife Sara Bharwana’s celebrates her birthday in style09:45 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021