UAE to release over 500 Pakistani prisoners
The spokesperson said Pakistani mission in the Emirates was in touch with local authorities in order to expedite the inmates' release and deportation.
Addressing a weekly news conference in Islamabad, the spokesperson said the nation would also hear a good news regarding the release of Pakistani prisoners from jails in Saudi Arabia very soon.
The official confirmed that the US had deported 50 Pakistanis through a chartered flight on Wednesday.
The spokesperson termed the recent developments in the Persian Gulf as 'disturbing' adding that Washington's decision to deploy an aircraft carrier and B-52 bombers to the Gulf has added to the tension[s] and the existing precarious security situation in the Middle East.
The official warned that any miscalculated move can spiral into a large scale conflict.
Tension between Muslim-majority Iran and the United States have ramped up owing to the withdrawal of Trump from the nuclear agreement (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action).
Tehran has also warned that it would resume enrichment of Uranium, setting a deadline of 60 days for international players to mediate.
- COVID restrictions — Sindh extends business timing after pressure ...08:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- When will Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza be released on parole?07:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- No ban on visas for Pakistani workers, clarifies UAE07:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat gets surprised by some secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020