PCCA to install bird repellant system at Karachi and Lahore airports
KARACHI – The Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (PCCA) has decided to install the acoustic bird repellent system at Karachi and Lahore airports to prevent threat to the aviation safety.
Bird Strike is common, and can be substantially hazardous to the security of the aircraft alongside passengers, and can result in a number of fatal accidents. Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has suffered the same in the past.
Expression of Interest (EOI) from well-reputed firms, and individuals bearing experience in wildlife management, especially in the area of airports, have been invited to benefit in this regard with their expertise.
According to the PCAA officials, the system will be installed at the main and secondary runways of Jinnah International Airport, Karachi and Allama Iqbal International Airport, Lahore.
PIA pilot mistook Lenticular cloud with UFO, says ... 04:21 PM | 30 Jan, 2021
KARACHI – Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) pilot spotted a ‘Foo fighter’ - an unidentified ...
- Former Sindh CM Qaim Ali Shah contracts coronavirus02:42 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Federal authorities in action after obscene photoshoot in front of ...02:14 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Indian army helicopter crashes in occupied Kashmir, search on for ...01:33 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan administers over 1 million COVID vaccines in a day12:48 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Covid-19 is not a joke, take delta variant seriously, warns Ushna Shah11:55 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021