Nehal Hashmi says he could never think of committing contempt of court as he submits reply in SC
He reiterated that there was no contempt of court committed in his speech, which brought him under attack after it surfaced on media.
“I made speech only once but media aired it repeatedly to create an environment against me,” he said, adding that he could never think of committing contempt of court.
Accusing the PTI chief, he said that Imran Khan presented his speech out of context, adding that he remained in prison for the supremacy of law.
"I am a faithful Pakistan and worker of Pakistani Muslim League-Nawaz," he added.
On June 1, the apex court in a suo moto case served a contempt of court notice on Senator Nehal Hashmi for his threatening speech.
During hearing, Justice Ejaz Afzal remarked that the top judiciary knew what it was doing adding that the Joint Investigation Team currently investigating offshore assets of Sharif family was formulated by the Supreme Court.
"No one can scare us," remarked Justice Ejaz Afzal.
Justice Aijaz Ul Ahsan stated that the members of cabinets issued threats during the proceedings of the Panama case as well.
On the other hand, Justice Azmat Saeed was angry at Hashmi and inquired whether his [Nehal's] government had joined mafias as only mafia members threatened children.
Nehal Hashmi's Outrageous Speech
Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) leader Nehal Hashmi came under the spotlight on Wednesday when a video surfaced in which he can be seen threatening judiciary in a veiled reference.
The video that went viral on the internet shows a disgruntled Senator Nehal warning rivals and ‘some honourable officials associated with top institutions’ of dire consequences if they continued their concerns with the accountability of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
“Whoever is asking for accountability will retire tomorrow and we will deal with them,” insinuated Hashmi in a veiled threat to the top judiciary currently probing the ruling Sharif family in the backdrop of Panama papers.
“Those grilling… [be warned that] we will arrange the day of judgment for you.”
“You are making the life of the prime minister difficult. The Pakistani nation will make it difficult for you to live,” he added, without taking any names.
Party Membership Revoked
Hashmi's party membership was revoked on Wednesday after the prime minister house took notice of his speech.
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Karachi Kings08:39 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Man with ‘world’s largest family’ dies in India08:24 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Traffic warden in viral video wins PM Imran's heart07:13 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021