Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum
Journalist, filmmaker and activist Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy was spotted with Bollywood star Deepika Padukone at the 2020 World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Two-time Oscar winner took to Instagram to share a picture with the actress and in the caption, she lauded the Chappak starlet for being "a hero."
"Artists have a moral responsibility," writes the director, claiming her interaction with Deepika to be "the best conversation at World Economic Forum."
She added, "I hope Chhapaak changes the way we see women in pain... Deepika Padukone, you are a hero!"
Chinoy's documentary, Saving Face, revolved around acid attack survivors in Pakistan and it won big when it was released. Sharmeen bagged the title of being Pakistan's first Oscar winner. Co-directed by Daniel Junge, the film won an Emmy Award and the 2012 Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject.
Padukone's recent film Chappak also highlights the way acid attack survivors are treated and how common these attacks are in India.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- No coronavirus case in Pakistan; screening continues at airports12:24 AM | 20 Feb, 2020
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019