Pakistan’s Babar Azam equals Kohli, Finch's T20I record
MANCHESTER – Pakistan’s T20I captain Babar Azam has become the joint-fastest batsman to reach 1500 T20I runs after completing the milestone in his 39th innings, during the second T20I against England at the Old Trafford in Manchester on Sunday.
The 25-year-old scored 56 runs off 44 deliveries before being dismissed by Adil Rashid.
Australia’s Aaron Finch and India’s Virat Kohli had previously reached the mark in the same number of innings as Babar.
Babar currently holds the first spot in the International Cricket Council’s (ICC’s) batting ranking for men, in the shortest format of the game.
He also holds the third spot in ICC’s One-Day International (ODI) batting rankings and the fifth spot in the ICC’s Test batting rankings for men.
Babar is currently the only batsman in the world who occupies a top-five spot in the ICC batting rankings of all three formats.
- Zimbabwe to visit Pakistan next month for T20, ODI matches06:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- 81 students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab06:17 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- GB Legislative Assembly elections to be held on November 1504:00 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Two Pakistani soldiers martyred in India firing at LoC03:52 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Tapsee Pannu defends Anurag Kashyap against sexual harassment ...03:43 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Mahira Khan looks flawless in latest pictures03:23 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Khalid Ahmad wins Best Actor Award at Harlem International Film Fest02:27 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- You’re not exactly Mother Teresa: Shaniera Akram takes a dig at ...01:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020