Pakistan completes last prior action for release of bailout funds: IMF
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has finally met the last prior action required for the release of $1.1 billion of bailout funds from the International Monetary Fund under the seventh and eighth reviews.
IMF's Resident Representative for Pakistan Esther Perez Ruiz confirmed the development, saying with the increase in petroleum development levy, Pakistan has completed all pre-conditions for funds.
The global lender's official however mentioned that the meeting of the IMF board to release the bailout funds for Pakistan is tentatively planned for late August, once adequate financing assurances are confirmed by the South Asian country.
As of July 31st, the petroleum development levy stood at Rs10 per liter on petrol and Rs5 each on HSD, kerosene, and LDO, reports suggest.
Last month, Islamabad and US-based lender reached a staff-level agreement for the release of $1.17 billion under the combined 7th and 8th reviews of Pakistan’s Extended Fund Facility (EFF).
The cast-strapped nation has been striving to revive the loan facility which was halted after the ousted government of Imran Khan announced subsidy on fuel and energy prices.
However, Sharif-led government increased energy and fuel prices in recent months to implement reforms required by IMF to secure the next tranche.
General Bajwa approaches US for early release of ... 06:32 PM | 29 Jul, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa has approached Washington to request help in getting an ...
Last week, Nikkei Asian reported that Pakistan’s Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa approached Washington to help secure an early release of the IMF money.
Pakistan trims budget for armed forces ... 04:52 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Cash-starved Pakistan, which is negotiating with the global lender for a bailout package, has slashed ...
- Lifetime disqualification: Pakistan’s top judge terms Article ...12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Policy commitments made by Pakistan to get bailout package continue ...11:32 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Hareem Shah gets temporary relief from arrest in money laundering case11:05 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022